At home learning for students in support
These activities are to be completed everyday.
- Journal - Write a recount of what you have done each day and draw a picture to match.
- Reading - Read to a parent everyday. This can include books, newspapers, magazines, catalogues, signs, menus or find a story to listen to online.
- Alphabet - Choose a letter and write 10 words that start with that letter.
- Movement - Dance or move to your favorite song.
- Weather - Draw a table to keep track of the weather each day. Is it sunny? Is it raining? Is it storming?
Choose an Activity
Choose 1 activity to complete each day.
- Hygiene - Practice cleaning your room. Write instructions or draw pictures on how to clean your bedroom.
- Cooking - Help your parents/guardians make dinner. Write a recipe of what you made.
- Create - Draw a portrait of people who are special to you. Write a sentence to explain why they are special to you.
- Fine motor - Using Art Hub for Kids on YouTube, choose a directed drawing and follow the video to draw a picture.
- Gardening - Go outside and water some plants or trees around you.
- Puzzle Challenge - Time yourself doing a puzzle. See if you can improve your time by doing it 3 times.
- Social - Speak to someone and ask them questions to get to know them more eg. What is their favourite colour, sport, movie etc.
- Fundamental skills - Using a ball practice throwing the ball as high as you can. Practice passing the ball to someone else.
- Counting - Go to your front yard or back yard and count how many rocks you can find.
- Patterns - Using Lego create a colour or size pattern.
Use World Book Online to research your favourite zoo animal. The username is mps00 and the password is mps00.
These questions could be asked to guide their research:
- What is the name of your animal?
- What does the animal look like?
- Where does the animal live?
- What food does the animal eat?
- Any interesting facts about your animal?
The project may be presented in any form the students choose. Some examples include a PowerPoint presentation, Poster, Diorama, Speech etc.